Guidance on Infection Control in Schools
The document available to download below, provides guidance for schools and other childcare settings, such as nurseries, on infection control issues. It was updated in December 2017.
This guidance provides advice on
- Preventing the spread of infections
- Which diseases to vaccinate for
- How long to keep a child away from school
- Infections such as athlete’s foot, flu, German measles, head lice, impetigo, conjunctivitis, TB
To view the full document click here.
Prevent the spread of infections by ensuring:
- Routine immunisation
- High standards of personal hygiene and practice, particularly hand washing
- Maintaining a clean environment
For further information and advice visit www.gov.uk/phe or contact your local health PHE centre. See Appendix 1 in the document link for contact details.