“Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility.”
(Children’s Act 2004)
The school governors, staff and volunteers at Exeter A Learning Community are committed to keeping children safe by:
- Providing a safe environment for children to learn;
- Supporting children’s development in ways which will foster a sense of self-esteem and independence;
- Teaching children the knowledge and skills they need to keep themselves safe;
- Identifying and responding to children in need of support and/or protection;
- Ensuring staff receive appropriate training and updates in relation to child protection and safeguarding.
We have a team of staff who are responsible for safeguarding and child protection:
Jennifer Doherty (Assistant Principal) – Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) & Designated Teacher for Looked After Children
Sue Martin – Deputy Safeguarding Lead (Deputy DSL)
Karen Lloyd – Safeguarding Officer
Scott Nicholls (Head of School) – Safeguarding Officer
Hannah Crawford (Assistant Principal) – Safeguarding Officer
Ashleigh Lester (Senior EYP) - Safeguarding Officer
You do not need to be certain about a safeguarding concern before you report it. If you are worried about a child or you think their safety is at risk, please contact one of the staff named above by calling the school office, stating that you have a safeguarding concern.
Should you have concerns about a child’s immediate safety please call Children’s Services on 0300 126 7000 (Option 1), 01604 626938 (out of hours) or the Police.
The school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found by clicking HERE
The Government has now published the latest version of 'Keeping Children Safe'. Click HERE link to visit the Government page and download the article.
You can access the document: ‘What to do if you are worried a child is being abused’ by following clicking HERE
You may also find the following links helpful: